'Stay up too late at night and sleep too long in the morning'
My story …
58, single, long term unemployed - two years. Formerly middle management making over $100k / year.
My search …
· Recruiters - they must be very busy pounding square pegs into round holes because they don’t return my emails or phone calls.
· Big search engines - useless. Better to put your resume into a bottle and toss it into the Pacific, someone will get back to you!
· Networking - dried up. Besides your friends and former constituents are not hiring.
· No current prospects.
My Life …
· Stay up too late at night and sleep too long in the morning
· Drink way too much. Way, way too much.
· Unemployment benefits exhausted.
· No health insurance - but three hospital visits in the past year.
· Stare - stare at the computer screen, stare out the window, stare at your image in the mirror, stare at the ceiling fan.
· Skills eroding - that happens when there is no intellectual activity.
· Social life - none. I’m no fun.
· Sex - none. Women would sooner hear you have Hepatitis then learn your unemployed. Besides there is no T & E budget.
· Living off cashed out 401k’s. Mortgaged the future.
· Depressed - big time.
· Think suicide every day.
Peter K., via email
- kerlinquallb likes this
- square-dirt likes this
- aconnoisseurofroads likes this
- leslieleslie likes this
- creativelybored likes this
- camillionaire reblogged this from alittlespace and added:
- benjamincano likes this
- anoemi likes this
- sean007 likes this
- lifesizedtales likes this
- alittlespace reblogged this from downbutnotoutletters and added:
- jamiemottram likes this
- downbutnotoutletters posted this